Senior Compliance Consultant
View Full Resume:
- ‣ Captain, U.S. Coast Guard (Retired) with 30 years of service. Was Chief of Staff to the Fourteenth Coast Guard District in Honolulu, Sector Commander and Captain of the Port in St. Petersburg/Tampa, Captain of the Port in Savannah, GA, and Director of the Western Rivers in New Orleans.
‣ Was responsible for safety, security and environmental compliance for a commercial fleet of ocean-going container ships including successful completion of a formal 3-year Environmental Compliance Program.
‣ Extensive experience with company and shipboard safety programs including establishment of policies and procedures, ISM compliance, auditing programs, and safety recognition programs.
‣ Experienced assessing the safety culture of private and publicly owned maritime organizations. Assessments included reviewing audit performance, investigations, corrective action reports, internal reporting mechanisms, follow up actions, and the effectiveness of communication from senior leadership.
‣ Had a leadership role in the U.S. Coast Guard actions responding to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, responding to Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, and directing large-scale security operations including the G-8 Summit in Sea Island, GA in 2004 and the NFL’s Superbowl in Tampa in 2009.
‣ Developed and implemented innovative risk-based tools to improve marine investigations, improve allocation of limited resources, assess maritime security risks.