Mobile: +1-713 -898-3317
Sebastiaan (Bas) Coppes
Senior Marine Surveyor
View Full Resume:
- ‣ Three decades’ experience and extensive knowledge of marine operations worldwide on a variety of vessels and cargo types. Worked in the Americas since 2005 and based in Houston since 2010.
‣ Experienced ship repair specialist. Made several hundred plans and estimates for ship repair and conversions of all kinds of vessels and offshore rigs, including exchanging of Main Engines, lengthening of vessels, Dynamic Positioning conversions, major machinery and collision steel repairs.
‣ Member of the Lloyd's Special Casualty Representative (SCR) Panel. Special Casualty representative with over 15 years’ hands on worldwide experience in salvage and wreck removal as Salvage Master, Project and Commercial manager.
‣ Warranty Surveyor for load outs, towage, offshore installation and pipeline hook ups, Subsea Tie-inns and trenching.
‣ Several years’ survey and consulting experience for underwriters, P&I Clubs, maritime law firms, NGOs, Offshore companies, Ministries, ship-owners, Coastguards throughout the Americas.
‣ Experience in Dredging, Marine and Port construction.
‣ Certified Arbitrator and Expert witness with the Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association.
‣ Experience in court room and arbitration proceedings, Houston, New York & London. Live testimony experience at deposition, arbitration and court trials.
‣ Maritime Officer all ships, with Bachelor's degree Nautical (Deck department) and Bachelor degree Engineering (Engine room).