Joe P. (JP) Cooper
Senior Marine Surveyor
View Full Resume:
- ‣ Senior Marine Surveyor with over 20 years’ dockside experience and attendances to cargo and vessel surveys at U.S. gulf ports.
‣ Specializes in pre-load, turnout and damage survey of container cargoes, all steel products and break bulk, including cargo handling, loading, stowage and discharge operations.
‣ Experienced in vessel/terminal safety inspections, stevedores’ operations and compliance with OSHA regulations and has assisted in the implementation of 18001 Safety Management Systems for terminals.
‣ Has investigated cargo, damage and personal injury claims on behalf of various insurance interests, including P&I Clubs, to establish nature, cause and extent of loss.
‣ Experienced in loss mitigation, salvage and best market value of damaged goods.
‣ Holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and numerous marine safety courses.
‣ Certified as a Marine Surveyor, Master commercial diver and non-destructive testing welding inspector.