Mobile: +65 91251232
Capt. Atul Vatsa
Senior Consultant & Master Mariner
IMC Representative in India and Far East
View Full Resume:
- ‣ Seafarer with more than 35 years of experience in the maritime industry with 19 years of seagoing experience (7 Years as Master on board Tankers) and 16 years of Shore management experience in large 3rd party shipmanagement company in Singapore.
‣ Held leadership role and part of the senior management team.
‣ Developed the Environmental Compliance Department and successfully implementing the Environmental Compliance Plan under US Department of Justice. Enhance the Environmental Management system policies, procedures and best practices both on board and ashore.
‣ Responsible to spearhead the Marine department (Marine Operations, Vetting, TMSA, Marine & Safety, Incident Investigations, crisis management) with prime focus to ensure highest safety standards & compliance to oil major vetting standards is maintained on board vessels.
‣ Enhance and implement the Safety management system including review of policies and procedures and implementing best practices in line with TMSA.
‣ Responsible to implement the Safety coach program and implement the safety culture drive within the organization.
‣ Developed, assisted and enhanced marine related training courses, 3D Animated Marine Safety videos, VIQ awareness training, bridge team management, advanced senior office ship handling simulator course.
‣ Was an active member of Intertanko Vetting & Environmental committee between 2013-2020.
‣ Member of the MPA National MARITIME safety at sea council (MNSSC) Singapore since 2017.
‣ Member of SSA / MPA Safety of navigation working group since 2014.