Senior Marine Surveyor
View Full Resume:
- ‣ Foreign Going Master Mariner, unlimited tonnage, with 22 years seagoing experience, including 10 years as Master on Tankers, including VLCC, product and Noxious Liquid Substance Parcel Tankers.
‣ Extensive operational experience in all ranks up to Master, primarily on oil tankers, but also on bulk carriers (Cape & Handy size) and cellular container vessel.
‣ 4 years working ashore in a ship repair firm looking after day-to-day operation of LSA / FFA and Cargo gear division which included inspection and certification of lifeboats, life-rafts, Ships fixed FFE and cranes.
‣ 2 years at Nautical Faculty as Adjunct Professor:
⁃ Conducted various value-added courses for sailing staff including Bridge Team management, Maritime Resource management, Command orientation Course, Theory and Practice of Ship Handling (course for prospective Master Mariner Candidates), Ice Navigation / STS simulator course, Risk assessment and Root cause analysis Course.
⁃ Certified by JRC to conduct type specific ECDIS training.
⁃ Visiting faculty at LBS college for Tanker Safety and Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator courses.
‣ 5 years working in New Orleans, with activities including:
⁃ Surveyor representing maritime law firms, P&I and H&M underwriters.
⁃ Flag State safety inspections.
⁃ External & Internal ISM, ISPS, MLC audits, sailing Navigational audits, and Marine Incidence Investigations.
⁃ Sailing on ships coming to LOOP to assist the crew in preparation for discharging at the terminal.
⁃ Pre- purchase inspections, Pre-vetting inspections (Oil and Chemical) and working as owners’ representative during vetting.
⁃ On/Off hire surveys, Bunker surveys, Draft surveys, Cargo condition / Hatch opening surveys and Shore tank cargo gauging.
⁃ Experienced in training vessel crews for USCG Port State Control Inspections and Certificate of Compliance for tankers.