Mobile: + 1-281-908-4992
Steve J. Cunningham
Principal Surveyor/Consultant & Regional Manager
View Full Resume:
- ‣ Master Mariner unlimited license (3rd issue and current), based out of Houston since 2013.
‣ Over 20 years’ industry experience on a variety of vessel types including 10 years’ oceangoing and time served as a Senior Harbor Pilot, VTS operator and assistant Harbor Master.
‣ Several years’ survey and consulting experience for underwriters, brokers, P&I Clubs, and maritime law firms, and has attended numerous marine casualties, claims and high-risk operations throughout the Americas.
‣ Master of Science degree in the Professional Practice of Marine Accident Investigation, and holds diplomas in Nautical Science, Marine Vessel Operations and Port Management.
‣ Expert witness designations in several U.S district courts, state court and at arbitration proceedings. Live testimony experience at deposition, arbitration and during U.S. federal court trials.
‣ Associate Fellow of the Nautical Institute and a Certified Arbitrator with the Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association.
‣ Accredited OVID (Offshore Vessel Inspection Database) surveyor with several years’ MWS (Marine Warranty Surveyor) experience in the U.S. Gulf Region.