View Full Resume:
- ‣ Progressed though the Engineering ranks to Chief Engineer, responsible for main and auxiliary plant (steam and motor) on bulk carriers, passenger ships, general cargo and refrigerated cargo ships trading worldwide.
‣ As a University lecturer, structured, developed and delivered course content in BEng (Hons) Maritime Technology, Yacht & Powercraft Design, Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering and Marine Electronics & Communications.
‣ With a leading ship management company, implemented technical and commercial administrative control of managed fleets of tankers, bulkcarriers, new buildings, passenger ships, container and general cargo ships.
‣ Lloyds Register Surveyor, performing hull, machinery, damage, repair, condition and docking surveys of all ship types to the requirements of Classification Rules, Statutory Regulations, Administrations and the Port State Control Authorities.
‣ In the New Build division of one of the world’s largest cruise ship companies, directed technical and regulatory compliance management of projects ($4.72 bn) in France, Germany and Finland.
‣ Approved Nautical Inspector, Casualty Investigator and Yacht Surveyor for the Bahamas Maritime Authority
‣ For the past 15 years, has provided Marine Consultancy and Surveying Services to P & I Clubs, Admiralty Lawyers, Owners and Charterers involving cases of Salvage and Marine Casualty Investigations. Conducted casualty investigations, towage approvals, pre-purchase audits, condition surveys, machinery failures and bunker disputes. Expert witness and given testimony in deposition, USA arbitration hearings and in USA Court proceedings.
‣ Holder of a Master of Science Degree in Condition Monitoring Technology & Diagnostic Engineering Management, F.E.A.N.I (Paris) Registration as European Engineer (Eur Ing), Chartered Engineer (UK Engineering Council), Chartered Marine Engineer and Member of the Institute of Marine Engineering Science & Technology.